The agenda in 2019 has been as follows:
- 23.09.2019: Field Trip
- 24.09.2019: Symposium Day 1
- 25.09.2019: Symposium Day 2
- 26.09.2019: Alternative Fuels Workshop
Last year's Field Trip took place at HeidelbergCement pant Ennigerloh. The plant replaces more than 75% of fossil fuels with alternative fuels such as RDF, tires and liquid fuels in compliance with the highest emission protection regulations and is one of the most efficient German cement plants.
During the symposium’s Exhibition, which took place on 24 – 25 September, participants had the chance to receive in-depth information regarding waste treatment, dosing and feeding machinery and other new technologies directly from providers.
To round off these days of information exchange and networking and due to a high number of requests, we gladly offered an Alternative Fuels Workshop on 26 September, dedicated to users of alternative fuels from the cement and lime industries. It explores the progressive levels of alternative fuels production and use in a familiar and informative learning environment.
Amongst others, the topics covered will include:
- RDF production and handling innovations
- Climate change and cement production
- Recent developments in alternative raw materials
- Country reports on alternative fuel production, trade and use
- Case Studies in waste processing, alternative fuel production and use
… and more!
Alternative Fuel Award
After it’s successful inauguration in 2018, we proudly presented the Alternative Fuel Award to three outstanding alternative fuels projects in 2019 as well. Find out more on the winning projects and how to apply here.
The speakers of the 6th Alternative Fuels Symposium were:
- Dimitrios Bakoulis, CEO at Antipollution S.A., Greece: “Alternative Fuels Market in Greece”.
- Dr. Arif Bashir, General Manager at DG Khan Cement, Pakistan: “Overview of the Cement Industry in Pakistan & DG Khan’s RDF Activities”.
- Philipp Biedenkopf, Senior Area Manager at Amandus Kahl GmbH & Co. KG, Germany: “Processing of Waste Fractions to Alternative Fuels”.
- Konstantin Bojinov, Head of Geocycle Russia, Russia: "RDF Market in Russia".
- Dr. Luigi Di Matteo, CEO of DI MATTEO Förderanlagen GmbH & Co.KG, Germany: “Closing the Loop - Best Practices in Efficient Alternative Fuels Utilization”.
- Fritz Driessler, Sales Manager at Lindner-Recyclingtech GmbH, Germany: “YES, WE CAN?! Premium RDF production in the US”.
- Jan Gressmann, Product Manager CONVAERO at Eggersmann Anlagenbau GmbH, Germany: “The Cilacap Experience; RDF Quality Produced from MSW in a Developing Country”.
- Prof. Dr. Estelle Herlyn, Head of the Competence Centre for sustainable development at FOM University of Applied Science in Düsseldorf: "Globalization, Development, Climate - Navigation Through Stormy Water".
- Kalle Kivelä, Sales Director at Cross Wrap Oy Ltd., Finland: "Cross Wrap solutions in alternative fuel handling".
- Georgios Koufodimos, Mechanical Engineer at Herhof GmbH, Germany: “Power plant post-combustion carbon dioxide capture”.
- Mir Ali Kazim, Vice President Cement Quality at PSCL, Canada: "Waste Fuels Information Management System (WFIMS) for Geocycle".
- Rafael Fenerich Mauri, Co-processing Manager at Intercement S.A.,South Africa: "Co-processing at Simuna Plant".
- Arian Middleton, Supply Chain Engineer at EEW Energy from Waste GmbH, Germany: “Waste Incineration in the European Context Between Risks and Opportunities”.
- Andreas Nitzsche, Sales Manager at Anlagenbau Günther GmbH, Germany: “SPLITTER® - for RDF production”.
- Mark Müller, Orglmeister Infrarotsysteme, Germany: „Fire detection and protection in waste processing facilities and RDF Storages".
- Kazem Moshir, Shift Leader at Arabian Cement Company, Egypt: "Alternative Fuels in ACC".
- Florian Salzer, Plant Manager at Wietersdorfer & Peggauer Zement GmbH, Austria: “State-of-the-Art Technology in Emission Reduction – Experience Report from Wietersdorfer Cement Plant”.
- Ram Badanmani Tripathi, Unit Head at JK Cement Works, India: "AFR Journey up to 10% TSR Without Affecting the Quality and Production of Clinker".
- Leos Volesky, Head of Sales at Schenk Process s.r.o., Czech Republic: “Increasing Efficiency and Flexibility for the Alternative Fuels Co-processing”.
- Hans-Joachim Walther, Waste Stream Management at Schwenk Zement KG, Germany: “Co-incineration of Sewage-Sludge in a Cement Plant”.