The award is to be presented to companies, cities, institutions and individuals promoting the idea of sustainable alternative fuel’s production and use.
The AFA winners in 2018 were:
- Reliance Group, Egypt for the project "Waste Treatment Plants in Port Said & Isamailia". Karim Elsabee has accepted the 1st AFA on behalf of Reliance Group.
- Cimpor / Intercement Souselas Plant, Portugal for the project "Alternative Fuel Dryer at Souselas Plant". Sandro Conceicao has accepted the 2nd AFA on behalf of Cimpor Souselas Plant.
- Interwaste, South Africa for the presented case study "Producing Alternative Fuels for the Cement Industry". Mike Nicholls has accepted the 3rd AFA on behalf of Interwaste.
- An honorary AFA was presented to BioEnergy, Egypt for the project "Waste, Fuelling the Future of Pyroprocess".
- An honorary AFA was presented to Qena Cement, Egypt for the project "Multi-fuel Handling Facility for Various Types of Alternative Fuels".
The descriptions of each winning project will be published in the coming issues of the Co-Processing Magazine.
After the successful inauguration of the (Alternative Fuel Award 2018), we kindly invite you to participate in the Alternative Fuel Award competition 2019.
The awards ceremony will take place in the next Alternative Fuel Symposium of MVW Lechtenberg & Partner between 23-25 September, 2019 in Duisburg, Germany.
The first winning project will get a 5000 € reward incl. travel costs and participation fee for one delegate to the symposium.The second and third winning projects will get the “Alternative Fuels and Raw Material Handbook for the cement & Lime Industry”, a comprehensive standard compendium for the industry, in addition to free participation in the symposium for one delegate. The representatives of the winning projects will present their projects at the Alternative Fuel Symposium.
MVW Lechtenberg & Partner calls companies, cities, institutions and individuals, which promote alternative fuels to participate in the Alternative Fuel Award competition by sending us a description of their projects and the experiences gained from promoting, producing or using alternative fuels.
Deadline for receiving the project descriptions is May 15, 2019
The prizewinning study will be selected by a board of expert reviewers and the judges’ decision is final.
Please send your project description to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Best of luck to all the participants!