The 4th Alternative Fuels Symposium, organised by MVW Lechtenberg & Partner,
will take place on 26th – 28th of September at the Wyndham Hotel Duisburger Hof in Duisburg, Germany
Following our successful 3rd Alternative Fuel Symposium in 2016,
of the 4th Alternative Fuel Symposium will feature again a range
of senior industry decision makers and technical experts covering the key aspects
of alternative fuel technologies used in cement, lime and power generation industry.
Municipal Solid Waste as fuel source will be the key topic of this conference.
Numerous cement plants will present case studies on waste processing and alternative fuels usage
alternative fuels experts and learn about:
- Processing Municipal Solid Waste into RDF
- Drying of RDF
- New technologies such as fine milling of alternative fuels
- Case studies for alternative fuel processing, feeding, dosing and process influence
- Case studies and first-hand experience in using alternative fuels shared by management members of several cement and lime plants
- Country reports about the status of alternative fuels
More than 2,500 participants of the global cement, lime, power generating and steel industry
as well as from waste management companies have already attended our symposiums and workshops!
To get an impression about our previous symposium in 2015, please have a look
and for our Symposium 2014 please look here
For registration and further details please
download the programme
Provisional Programme - confirmed speakers in March 2017
- “Alternative Fuels in the German Cement Industry"
Dr. Martin Oerter, Forschungsinstitut der Zementindustrie, Germany
- “Practical experience in sourcing and processing RDF”
Anders Jansson, Heidelberg Cement Miljö, Sweden
- “Experience in processing MSW into RDF in Egypt”
Karim Elsabee and Sherif Shenouda, Reliance Egypt, Egypt
- “Drying of RDF at Cemex Chełm”
Jarosław Sawecki, Chełm Cement Plant, Poland
- “Experience in the production and use of AF made from Municipal Solid Waste at Arabian Cement, Egypt”
Omar M. El Hassanein, Evolve Investments / Arabian Cement, Egypt (tbc)
- “Business models in funding PPP for the production of Refuse Derived Fuels”
Dr.-Ing Wolfgang Pfaff – Simoneit, KfW Entwicklungsbank, Germany
- “Mechanical Biological Treatment of Municipal Solid Waste as Fuel”
Konstantinos Papadimas, Herhof, Germany
- “Processing of Municipal Solid Waste into RDF at Wittekind Zement, the first cement plant in the world which has been using RDF”
Thomas Bals, Wittekind Cement, Germany
- “The PREPOL Precombustion Chamber to use coarse grain size RDF in cement Plants”
Stephan Pallmann ,Thyssen Krupp Industrial Solutions,Germany (tbc)
- “Towards a Full Circular Economy – Requirements and Approaches for Waste-To-Energy Supply Chains”
Dr. Luigi Di Matteo, DI MATTEO Förderanlagen, Germany
- “Waste mapping and evaluation to identify potential raw materials for alternative Fuel production, experience in Bulgaria”
Vladimir Dimitrov, Titan Cement, Zlatna Panega Plant, Bulgaria
- “Turnkey Solutions for processing MSW into refuse derived Fuels”
Tim Hamer, Vecoplan, Germany
- “Sucessful Projects for processing MSW into refuse derived Fuels”
Marco Egger, Lindner Recyclingtech, Austria
Participants’ comments from the Alternative Fuels Symposiums:
“It was prefect. It was conveying, quite intensively the technical part
of the RDF (installations). It's good, also to cover "pre-treatment"
and sorting, because this is the key for good quality of RDF”
- "Excellent overview of RDF”
- “It was very profitable for me and I´m very glad for the opportunity to be participant in this workshop”
- “Fully met my expectations”
- "Well organized, and very good presenters”
- "Excellent information about alternative fuels”
- “It was great and nice experience to see new available technologies”
- “The workshop completely satisfied my expectations”
- “Very happy with the quality. VIELEN DANK”
- “Very well organized and participants are highly specialized and devoted to alternative fuel area”
In the news:
“The 2nd Alternative Fuels
Symposium was once again characterized by perfect organization and an
„outstanding programme of lectures”...
“Completely new insights into the operational practice and organization of the use of alternative fuels”
(Cement International, January 2016)
The “Alternative Fuels
Symposium was again distinguished by the excellent organization and the
very topical and carefully compiled lecture programme”
The conference will take place at the “Duisburger Hof, Wyndham Hotel“ in the heart of Duisburg with an excellent atmosphere.
Fuels and Raw Materials Handbook – now available!
In 2012 we published the "Alternative Fuels and Raw Materials
Handbook, Volume 1 and 2"
. It is the first comprehensive English
compendium for decision makers in the field of alternative fuels and
alternative raw materials in the cement and lime industry.
The publication enjoys great popularity among industry managers all
over the world. It turned out to be a very valuable source of
information which assists them greatly in planning and execution of
With two volumes of approx. 1,200 pages in total, this is the most
comprehensive compendium of alternative fuels and raw materials for the
cement and lime industry. While the 1st volume informs about general issues to be considered when
using alternative fuels and alternative raw materials, the 2nd volume
focuses on the material itself. A compilation of fact sheets, each one
consisting of approx. 20 – 30 pages, describes precisely significant
characteristics of substances suitable as alternative fuel or
alternative raw material as well as among others its composition,
possible processing, storing, dosing a.s.o.
Click on the picture below
to take a look inside the AFR Handbook, view contents and more in this
volumes of the AFR Handbook are available as hardback edition in
continuous 4-colour printing.
Volume 1: 531 pages, ISBN: 978-3-7640-0550-4
Volume 2: 592 pages, ISBN: 978-3-7640-0551-1
How to purchase
the AFR Handbook?
A few months after its initial publication, the AFR Handbook already
caused a stir in the industry so that we decided to cooperate in the
area of distribution with the experienced and well-known "Verlag
Bau+Technik", publisher of the magazine "Cement International" and
other cement-specialised literature.
If you would like to order the AFR Handbook, please use our Purchase Order Form.
Send the completed form back to us via email (see
below) or fax to +49 (0)203 34 65 16-50. If you plan to order higher
quantities please contact us in advance to get our best rates.
Please do not hesitate to contact us for enquiries and more information
either via email to email@example.com
or by phone +49 (0) 203 346 516-0.
- processing, storage, dosing and feeding
of alternative fuels/ refuse derived fuels (RDF) in waste management,
cement, lime and waste-to-energy industries
- markt development, e.g. in Waste-to-Energy industry
- newest development in RDF production, e.g. the ‘Rocket Mill’, for fine grinding and drying of RDF
- hands-on experience in using alternative
fuels, shared for example by Heidelberg Zement Ennigerloh, that reached
over 60% substitution rate
- Qualitätsmanagement von alternativen Brennstoffen
- quality management of refuse derived fuels
- production cost savings achieved by use of alternative fuels
- new regulatory developments, e.g. the Industrial Emission Directive (IED) in Europe,
- Country reports about RDF market development in Europa and North Africa
- Experiences in logistics of RDF, using rail, seeway and transfrontier shipments